Wednesday 29 July 2009

Ready, steady, go..................

Anticipation is everywhere. Excitement even. Nervous energy abounds. The planning has been rambling for weeks, perhaps even months, scouring the internet for hotels, routes and points of interest along the way. The list of essentials is all but ticked off, nothing has been left to chance. The bikes have been prepped and the luggage filled with neither a nook or cranny left to cram. Just one more check in the morning and we’ll be on our way. Two bikes, two riders and the essentials to get us through the next 10 days. The French Alps beckon.

And therein lies the biggest challenge of my blog so far. I pledged in my first post that I would not descend into a descriptive blog rambling about the roads I took, the places I stopped and the state of my tyres. I need to keep you interested, a desire to read more. I have with me a little black moleskin note book. It will be my companion. Jotted scribbles recording the sights, feelings and sounds. An old fashioned way to diarise but one that has more romance, more empathy, more “Soul”.

So please stay patient, allow me some time to translate my notebook ruminations. I promise I’ll update you on my return.

No comments:

Post a Comment